Before you begin
Ensure you are running the latest (compatible) version of Attaché BI before upgrading Attaché BI ClearView.
- Identify the physical locations of the Attaché BI Database Server, Attaché BI application and each Attaché BI workstation
- Have a Microsoft Windows account with the required permissions, which will be used to run the upgrade
- Ensure your network meets the latest hardware and memory requirements
- Download the required installers from the Attaché Members website
- Take a backup of your Attaché data
- Ensure that all users are logged out of the system
You should also read the relevant Attaché BI ClearView release notes and check for any known issues with this release on the Attaché Members website.
Note: If you use PowerLink, it must be upgraded to a compatible version after installing ClearView. For more detailed information and instructions see the PowerLink Members Area on the YearOne website.
Upgrading on the server
To upgrade Attaché BI ClearView on the server:
- Run SetupClearViewBIx.xx.exeas administrator.
The InstallShield Wizard is displayed.
- Follow the prompts ensuring that the destination folder you select is the Attaché program file path.
- When prompted, click Finish to complete the installation.
Once the ClearView installation is complete, the Data Service installation automatically starts.
The installation path is automatically calculated and should not need to be changed.
- Specify the user name and password that will be used to start the data service. Ensure that this user account has the required privileges to run services.
- Specify the Attaché user name and password to be used by the Data Service. Attaché Software recommends that you use the SUPERVISOR account details.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- To confirm the installation was successful, choose Setups | ClearView | Options | ClearView Options. On the System Information tab, confirm the ClearView and Data Service version numbers are as expected.
Running the ClearView Company Upgrade Utility
The Attaché BI ClearView Company Upgrade Utility (included in version 4.26 and later) restructures the ClearView data to be compatible with the upgraded version of the Data Service and provides faster and more reliable performance.
If you are upgrading from a version prior to Attaché BI ClearView version 4.26 (September 2016), you must run the utility after upgrading ClearView at the server. (The utility also needs to be run on new ClearView installations.)
See Running the Attaché BI ClearView Company Upgrade
Upgrading the workstations
To upgrade the Data Service Workstation:
- Locate the Attaché BI program folder and navigate to Plink folder.
- Right-click on SetupCVWorkstationBI.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
To upgrade the ClearView Workstation:
- Right-click the Attaché BI shortcut and choose Run as administrator.
- Select a company and then choose Masterfiles | ClearView | Business Intelligence | Dashboards. The message asks: "Do you want to upgrade ClearView"?
- Choose Yes. This runs the SetupCVWorkstationBI.exe from the Installers folder within the Attaché BI program folder.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- To confirm the installation was successful, choose Masterfiles | ClearView | Business Intelligence | Dashboards and confirm that the Data Service Status is Active.
REF: A001522.02 100518 CV441 18.1