If you need to adjust an employee's pay after finalisation and running End of Year, you should create and process the adjustment pay in the usual way, however, you must do so in the history company rather than your live payroll company. (To make adjustments before running End of Year, see Finalising your employees.)
You can amend finalised information reported via Single Touch Payroll (STP) for up to five years after the end of the financial year. For more information see Amendments after finalisation on the ATO website.
Link history company
First, you need to ensure the history company is linked to the live (or "primary") company. This will allow transactions entered in the history company to flow through to Single Touch Payroll in Attaché Online so you can submit them to the ATO. (You do not need to connect the history company in Cloud Connector.)
Note: The Link to Primary Company task is only available in the Modern menu. If you are not using Modern menu, you will need to change menu style to carry out this task.
To check (or link) a history company to its primary company:
- Log in to your 2019/20 history company.
- Choose Setups | Payroll | Options | Link to Primary Company.
- Check that the logged-in history company has been linked to the primary company. If not, select the primary company from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to save and close the screen.
In most cases, there will be only one company available for selection. However, if you have multiple live companies connected to an organisation in Attaché Online, ensure you link to the correct live company for your history company.
Enter adjustments after running End of Year
To make adjustments to an employee's pay after running End of Year:
- In the 2019/20 history company, process the adjustment pay in the usual way.
- Choose Payroll | Process Payroll | Check Payroll | Check Pays. Ensure that the Pay Period Ending and Date Paid dates are set to 30/06/2020.
- Run any pre-process reports, back up your payroll data and run Update Files.
- Log in to Single Touch Payroll in Attaché Online and select the Ready to submit batch that was created as a result of the adjustment pay.
- Review the batch details and confirm the adjustment pay is correct.
- Click Sign and submit and submit the batch to the ATO in the usual way.