This topic describes how to check leave and timesheet transactions in Express Leave and Timesheets at the end of a pay period and prior to processing pays. You then need to export the transactions from Express Leave and Timesheets and import them into your desktop payroll company. These transactions will then be combined with the employee's standard pay or time sheet for payroll processing.
Before you import transactions into your payroll company, ensure you take a backup of your payroll data.
If you have not already done so, you should also connect Express Leave and Timesheets to your Attaché Online organisation. Once you've established this connection, whenever you process pays in your payroll company your employee leave balances will then be automatically updated in Express Leave and Timesheets and any new employees created in your payroll company will automatically flow through.
Checking transactions in Express Leave and Timesheets
To check leave and/or timesheet transactions to be processed:
- Log in to Attaché Express Leave.
- From the Review & Process menu, select Check Pay Period.
- In the Last day of Pay Cycle field, enter the pay period ending date.
- At Submission Types, choose whether you want to review leave transactions, timesheet transactions or both (all transaction types), then select Apply Filter.
A list of leave and/or timesheet transactions for the period is displayed.
- To change the sort order of the data, click the filter icon beside the column headings.
- Check if there are any transactions with a Status of Pending Approval and follow up with the relevant employee or manager to approve or reject the request. If you wish to reassign the approval (for that transaction only) to a different manager/approver, choose from the drop down list in the Assigned column.
Tip: Leave or timesheet transactions that have a status of Pending Approval at the time of processing can be approved by an Express Leave Administrator or HR Manager.
Creating and importing a file of transactions
To create a file of leave and/or timesheet transactions to import into your desktop payroll company:
- Log in to Attaché Express Leave.
- From the Review & Process menu, select Process for Payroll.
- In the Last Day of Pay Cycle field, enter the pay period ending date.
- At Frequency and Pay Points, choose whether you want to create the output file for a specific frequency or pay point or both, and select the payroll company Country.
- Review the leave and timesheet entries displayed to ensure the details are correct.
- Choose Process Entries & Download File.
- Choose OK at the prompt to confirm that you wish to process the transactions and download the file. This will export a file called PAYTSHT.INP.
Note: Your web browser will normally show when the file has been downloaded and allow you to select what to do with it. Most browsers export to your Windows Downloads folder.
- Save the import file to your payroll company's resource folder. For example; C:\AttacheBI\Resources\company name. To check your company data path, in your payroll company choose Tools | Company | System | System Status.
To import the transactions file into your desktop payroll company:
- Sign on to your payroll company.
- Choose Transactions | Payroll | Disk File Entries | Test File Entries.
- If there are any problems with the file, resolve those errors until the test returns data with no errors.
- Choose Transactions | Payroll | Disk File Entries | Read File Entries to import the leave transactions from Express Leave and Timesheets.
- Continue with your normal payroll process.
To read more about Disk File Entries see Test Disk File Entries and Read Disk File Entries.
Marking transactions as complete in Express Leave and Timesheets
After you have processed the transactions in your desktop payroll company, log in to Attaché Express Leave , select Processed Entries from the Reports menu and choose Mark As Complete.
Updating employee leave balances in Express Leave and Timesheets
If you have not yet completed the steps for Connecting Attaché Express Leave and Timesheets to your Attaché Online organisation, then after importing and processing Express Leave and Timesheet transactions in your desktop payroll company (Transactions | Payroll | Process Payroll | Update Files) you will need to manually update your employee leave balances in Express Leave and Timesheets. To do this see Importing employee details from Attaché Payroll on the Setting up employees in Express Leave and Timesheets page.