Antivirus software operating on your server or workstation may prevent several Attaché application files from opening. This can adversely affect Attaché functionality.
We recommend excluding the Attaché application and Attaché Server program directories and all sub-folders from antivirus scanning. If the antivirus application cannot apply folder exclusions, then the application files should be added to the user-defined exceptions lists of any antivirus software running on both the server and the workstations.
Note: More than one antivirus application may be installed on each server or computer. Ask your system administrator for help identifying all antivirus applications that can affect your Attaché software.
For an up-to-date list of all Attaché application files to be excluded from antivirus scanning, see Antivirus exceptions list.
Antivirus exclusions on Windows 10 and Windows Sever 2016
Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 have Windows Defender, an Anti-Virus developed by Microsoft which is enabled by default. Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 will automatically add exclusions for the Microsoft roles and features as they are installed, however, you will need to add the Attaché exclusions using PowerShell commands, or through the Windows Defender Security Centre app.
- Follow Microsoft Documentation here, exclusions can by applied by:
- Windows Defender Security Centre App
- Group Policy
- Windows Management Instructions (WMI)
- Security Centre Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Intune
- Examples below use Powershell.
- Local Administrator rights are required to run the below commands.
- These commands can only be applied if Windows Defender is being used as the Anti-Virus product on the workstation / server. If a third-party Anti-Virus is installed, the commands will fail.
To add an exclusion for a path, use this example:
- Add-MpPreference –ExclusionPath "C:\Apps\Attache"
Each individual folder needs to be added line by line
To add an exclusion for a specific file, use this example:
- Add-MpPreference –ExclusionProcess "C:\Apps\Attache\AttStart.exe"
Each individual process needs to be added line by line.
REF: A001291.15 100418 18.1.1