Storing important business documents electronically, allow for easy access and improved disaster planning. To run a paperless office, store everything related to a Supplier, Customer, Product and/or Employee in a folder relating to each account.
Each masterfile record can be linked to a web address or network path (file or folder) that is accessible from Maintenance or Enquiry tasks. It is also possible to link source documents against transactions entered in Attaché.
For example, you may have a folder location on your network which stores all information relevant to a particular supplier, such contracts, pricing, terms and conditions received from them. To link this folder, enter the path in the Website/Linked Information field on supplier masterfile. This folder will then be accessible from the masterfile by selecting Launch (F8).
Linking a source document to transactions
When entering a transaction or looking up an existing transaction, you can link it to a source document. For example, you can link a supplier invoice transaction to a soft copy (PDF) of the actual invoice you received from the supplier. This allows users to easily access the soft copy of the source document whenever they look up the transaction.
To set the default location for linked information:
- Choose Setups | Suppliers | Options | Purchasing Options.
- Select Other Options, to set up default options for source documents. Select Use Supplier Linked Information to use the folder specified in the Linked Information field from the masterfile as the default location (as per above steps). This saves you the time to browse when finding the documents to link.
- Choose Accept (F9) and Close (Esc).
To link a source document to a transaction:
- When in the header of a new transaction, choose Zoom In (F8). For an existing transaction, choose Edit Link (F6).
- In the SourceDoc field, browse to select the file.
- Choose Accept (F9) when the transaction is completed.
- Use Open Link (F5) to view the document.
Setting up multiple Linked Information fields to import into Attaché
The following section describes how to set up linked information in bulk by first creating a CSV file in MS Excel and then importing it into Attaché using Attaché KFI.
Creating the Linked Information import file
To create the linked information import file using MS Excel:
- Create a new excel spreadsheet with the following:
- Column A = Customer Code
Tip: Use the Print List Wizard from the masterfile to export a list of customer codes.
- Column O = "folder location"
Note: To create folders for all your Customer Codes on a network path (D drive in this example) in bulk, we recommend you to use Window's Command Prompt. Please liaise with your IT administrator for further assistance.
- Column P = <F9><F9><F9>
- Column A = Customer Code
- Once the details have been populated, remove the top row of the spreadsheet (Column Headings).
- Save the spreadsheet in the Resources folder of Attaché company you are wishing to import the file to.
- Location = C:\AttacheBI\Resources\Current\KFIDATA
- File name = Linked_info_import
- File Type = CSV (comma delimited)
Importing the Linked Information file
To import the linked information into Attaché using KFI:
- Sign into Attaché.
- Select your company.
- Ensure all users are logged out of this company and choose File | Archive current company.
- Choose Masterfiles | Customers | Customers | Maintain.
- Choose File | Keystroke File Import or (CTRL+F9)
- Select Slow (F7) several times to slow the speed of the import
- Choose File (F2) to select the CSV file (Linked_info_import.csv).
Note: You may need to change the Objects of type to All files.
- Choose Start (F5). The import will begin to insert the paths into the Website/Linked Information field for all customers.
If you are not familiar with using Attaché KFI to import data, please contact your Attaché Consultant or refer to the Attaché KFI User Guide.
REF: SF 4495