After installing or upgrading your Attaché system, you should check the installation and connection to the database.
To check that Attache is running successfully:
- Start Attaché but do not sign on.
If you have not properly installed the workstation, you will be prompted to install it now.
- Attaché will connect to the Attaché Database Server and confirm the connection via a message in the status bar. If it does not connect, click Server on the Sign On screen and then select the server manually.
- Choose Help | About Attaché. Ensure that the VIP, User Logins and Expiry Date are the same as previously and that the Database Server is correctly listed.
- Sign on and select the SAMPLE DATA company.
- Choose Yes when asked The selected Sample Company has not been installed. Do you want to install it now?"
The Sample Data company will be installed.
- Make some simple changes in the Sample Data company, for example, update a customer masterfile or enter an invoice.
- Close the Sample Data company and reopen it. Ensure that the changes you made have been recorded.
REF: A001291.15 100518 18.1