Before you begin
There are up to three types of users in an Attaché Online organisation:
- Employee users who can access only My Dashboard, My Info, Employee Directory and Org Chart
- STP Admin users (Australian payroll only) who can access Single Touch Payroll (to manage and submit STP batches to the ATO) and Employee user functions
- Organisation Admin users who can access all menus/tasks in the organisation and carry out all functions (see sidebar at right)
Consider who you wish to make administrators of your organisation. For example, you might make your HR and payroll managers Organisation Admin users so they can set up your organisation chart, invite users and generally manage your organisation
For Australian payroll, if you have an external bookkeeper or accountant, you might want to make them an STP Admin user so they can manage and submit STP batches to the ATO.
Note that once you turn on Single Touch Payroll in Payroll Options (see Enabling Single Touch Payroll in Payroll Options), both Organisation Admin and STP Admin users will have access to STP batches and will therefore have access to employee pay details.
Creating different types of users in Attaché Online
Creating Employee users
- Employees in your payroll company will be available in the organisation, provided you have selected the Enable Attaché Online check box in the employee masterfile. For more information, see Updating your employee masterfiles to enable Attaché Online.
- Employees who are not in your payroll company, for example temporary employees such as contractors, can be added to your organisation. In addition, external people who you wish to make Organisation Admin and STP Admin users, such as your bookkeeper or accountant, must first be Employee users. (See Creating non-payroll employees in your organisation below.)
Creating Organisation Admin and STP Admin Users
Note: Anyone who you want to make an Organisation Admin or STP Admin user (Australian payroll) must first be an Employee user.
To Create an Organisation Admin or STP Admin user:
- Log in to Attaché Online and select the required organisation.
- From the Settings menu, select Admin Users.
- Select the Organisation Admin tab or STP Admin tab (as appropriate) and the enter the user's name.
You can create as many Organisation Admins as required
- Click Save.
The user's name will appear in the respective group.
To remove a user from a group, click Remove from group in the Action column.
Creating non-payroll employees in your organisation
At times you may need to create a non-payroll employee in your organisation, for example, a temporary employee or contractor that you pay without going through your payroll system or creating an employee masterfile. Non-payroll employees can access Employee Portal functions and be added to your organisation chart.
You might also need to create non-payroll employees (such as your external bookkeeper, accountant or consultant) so that you can make them Organisation Admin or STP Admin users.
To create a non-payroll employee:
- Log in to Attaché Online and select your organisation.
- Select Employees from the menu and then click Create employees on the right of the screen.
- Enter the employee's details.
- Ensure that the Onboard new employee to the organisation check box is not selected. (If selected, an employee masterfile will be created for the employee.)
For non-payroll employees, do not select Onboard new employee to the organisation
- Click Create employee to save the record.
REF: A001677.02 280618, HL0014
Organisation Admin functions: