Log into Attaché Online
- Attaché will send you an email inviting you to join your organisation. Click the Join organisation link in the email to launch Attaché Online.
You can log in using your Attaché Online MyPay account (if you have one) or create a new password.
Connect your payroll company
Now that you have your organisation, you need to connect your payroll company (dataset) so that data flows between the two. Attaché Cloud Connector provides this link. You run Cloud Connector from the desktop, using your Supervisor credentials, to ensure you have permission to connect the data.
- In Attaché Online, select Settings from the menu, then Company Connections and copy the Organisation Key. Now open the Attaché Cloud Connector program via the shortcut on your desktop and log in using your Attaché Payroll SUPERVISOR password. Select the Attaché company (dataset) you want to connect to your online organisation, enter your Organisation Key and click Connect.
For detailed instructions see Entering your Organisation Key in Attaché Cloud Connector.
Check that your payroll data is available in your online organisation
With your payroll data now flowing through to your online organisation, you should be able to create your organisation chart and employee directory, set up your organisation for Single Touch Payroll, invite employees to join your organisation, and use employee onboarding.
- Check that your employee details are now displaying in your online organisation.
On the Settings menu, select Employees and check the employee records. If you don't see your employees or some are missing, you need to select Enable Attaché Online and enter a valid Attaché Online Email Address in the employee masterfile. See Updating your employee masterfiles to enable Attaché Online.
- Check that you have a default superannuation fund for employee onboarding (Australia).
On the Settings menu, select Super Fund and choose your default super fund from the list. If there are no funds displayed, go to Superannuation Funds Maintenance (Setups | Payroll | Superannuation Funds | Maintain) and ensure you've completed the required fields for your preferred default fund, including the website address. See Setting a default superannuation fund for Employee Onboarding.
Connect your organisation to the ATO (Australia)
You need to let the ATO know that you will be lodging your STP payroll information via Attaché. You do this via Attaché Online. For detailed instructions see Setting up Standard Business Reporting.
- Nominate Attaché Software as your hosted SBR software service provider.
- Add your ABN in Attaché Online.
Preparing for Single Touch Payroll (Australia)
- To read about how to report "pay events" to the ATO, see How Attaché is managing Single Touch Payroll and Using Single Touch Payroll to submit pay events to the ATO.
- You can also prepare by turning on Single Touch Payroll in your payroll company. See Enabling Single Touch Payroll in Payroll Options.
Customise your organisation and set up your Organisational Chart
The Employee Portal in Attaché Online provides Employee Onboarding, the Employee Directory and Organisational Chart plus "self service" access for employees to manage their personal details. For Australian payroll, the portal also includes Single Touch Payroll.
- (Optional) Customise your organisation:
System Settings: select the date format and time zone, employee name format and fields to display
Site Logo & title: add a company logo and change the display name of your organisation, if required
Colour Scheme: choose the colour scheme for your organisation (handy if you have more than one organisation).
- (Optional) Set up additional administrators for Attaché Online so that others can perform administrator functions in your organisation. See Creating different types of users in Attaché Online.
- Organise your employees into teams to create your organisational chart. See Setting up teams to create an org chart in your Attaché Online organisation.
- Invite your employees to join your organisation. See Inviting employees to join your Attaché Online organisation and Creating non-payroll employees in your organisation.
- (As required) Use Employee Onboarding to collect a new employee's tax, super fund (Australia), KiwiSaver (New Zealand) and bank information. See Onboarding a new employee.