Which version for Accounts EOY processing?
To carry out end-of-year processing for accounts, many businesses can use the same version as last year:
- Minimum version: Attaché Accounts version 1.17 (March 2016) or Attaché BI version 3.4 (May 2016)
- Recommended version: Attaché 18.3 (October 2018) or Attaché 19.1 (May 2019)
We recommend you are using Attaché 18.3 or Attaché 19.1 as they include Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) (see below) and so you can take advantage of the new features. To find out more, see Latest releases.
Starting the new financial year
The ATO is continuing to expand the industries covered under the Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) whereby suppliers must report contractor payments. If you are not already submitting TPARs, you should check whether you are required to commence reporting for the 2019/20 financial year:
- From 1 July 2018, businesses paying contractors to provide cleaning services or courier services. First TPAR due by 28 August 2019 for payments in the 2018/19 financial year
- From 1 July 2019, road freight services, information technology (IT) services, and security, investigation or surveillance services. First TPAR due by 28 August 2020 for payments in the 2019/20 financial year
Attaché 18.2 is required for TPAR reporting. You need to install version 18.2 (or later) so you are using the required format for your annual reporting to the ATO.
For more information on who needs to report, refer to the ATO website. See also How to use the Supplier Taxable Payments Report (tutorial) in the Help Centre.
Which version for Payroll EOY processing?
- EOY with Single Touch Payroll — This end of financial year is the first under Single Touch Payroll (STP). If you are reporting pays via STP, you are no longer required to issue payment summaries and your EOY is a new, simplified process. You can use your current version (Attaché 18) to carry out this process, however, we recommend you upgrade to Attaché 19.1 as it includes a new Finalisation flag in the employee masterfile (not required for STP reporting but recommended for masterfile maintenance).
- EOY without Single Touch Payroll — If you have not yet reported pays via STP, your end of year is the same as previous years (with payment summaries) and you can use the same version as for 2017/18.
Starting the new financial year (all payroll users)
Due to a number of important legislative changes, all Attaché Payroll users need to upgrade to Attaché 19.1 for the first pay run of the new financial year.
Legislative requirements (compliance) for the 2019/20 financial year included in Attaché 19.1:
- Updated Tax File Number Declaration (version 4), which includes an employee email address field.
- The separate Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) questions have now been combined into one Study and Training Support Loans question.
- The new Study and Training Support Loans category and changes to the minimum repayment thresholds and rates have required changes to the way tax tables are structured in Attaché Payroll. Note: Payroll tax scales for 2019/20 (available mid-June) are compatible only with Attaché 19.
In addition, Attaché 19.1 includes:
- Employee Finalised flag in the employee masterfile. This flag shows that the employee has been finalised and the date of finalisation. This is not a legislative requirement but recommended for masterfile maintenance.
- A new Link History Company function so you can make adjustments after running End of Year
Single Touch Payroll for all employers
- From 1 July 2019 Single Touch Payroll (STP) is required for all employers, including those with fewer than 20 employees.
- For employers with 20 or more employees, mandatory STP reporting commenced on 1 July 2018. If you received an Attaché Software implementation deferral for the 2018/19 financial year, this expired on 1 May 2019.
What you need to do now
Check your version of Attaché Payroll. If you are using:
- Attaché 18, you're ready to upgrade to Attaché 19.1. Talk to your Attaché consultant about when to upgrade.
- Attaché BI (November 2017), talk to your Attaché consultant about when to upgrade.
- Attaché Payroll 1.17 (May 2016), talk to your Attaché consultant now about migrating to Attaché 19.
To find out more about all the features included in recent releases, see Latest releases.