On this page
Printable PDF version
This version has been superseded
6 August 2019: Attaché 19.1.4 is now available. This version updates existing view models to provide report-writer access to the data required to create supplier invoices that meet the August 2019 Bunnings specification (Business Implementation Guide for Delivery Docket Standardisation). The updated view models are Customer, Customer Transactions, Customer Transaction Detail and Customer Order Details. This version also addresses a number of issues. In addition, Attaché 19.1.4 includes AlexConnect version 4.00.142 which facilitates server routing for scalability. See AlexConnect Installation and Upgrade Guide. Note that upgrading AlexConnect is not mandatory.
6 June 2019: Attaché Server Patch 19.01 is now available. This addresses an issue when running Attaché 19.x on Windows 2008 SP2. The server will function normally as the standalone Attaché Server. However, if that server also runs the workstation components, the workstation components will not launch. Typically this only occurs on RDS servers. (Note that Windows 2008 R2 is not affected.)
23 May 2019: Attaché 19.1.3 Database Servers and application are now available. This version addresses FD-2357 Payday Filing issue in Attaché 19.1.2.
15 May 2019: Attaché 19.1.2 Database Servers and application are now available. This version addresses FD-2350 19.1 workstation installer is rebooting the machine without prompt.
14 May 2019: Attaché Asset Management 19.1.2 is now available. This version resolves issue FD-2345.
2 May 2019: Attaché 19.1.1 suite is now available. This suite includes Attaché Database Server and desktop application as well as Attaché Asset Management.
- The Attaché 19.1 suite includes Attaché Database Server and desktop application as well as Attaché Asset Management and an updated Data Migration Utility.
- Attaché Asset Management versions 18 and 19 cannot run on Windows Server 2008 SP2. If you are using this operating system, do not install or upgrade Asset Management. Note that if your current version is Asset Management 3.7.2 (November 2017), you can upgrade the main Attaché application to version 19 as version 3.7.2 is compatible with Attaché 19. (Note that Windows 2008 R2 is not affected.)
- Note that you can upgrade to Attaché 19 only from Attaché BI version 3.5 (November 2016) or later. If you are using an earlier version, talk to your Attaché consultant. Upgrading from earlier versions requires a data migration which must be carried out by a certified Attaché installer.
- Attaché Database Server 19.1 includes an updated version of Cloud Connector. Previous versions will automatically update upon installation of the server. Existing connections do not need to be re-established, however, after upgrading we recommend that you check that existing connections are still listed in Cloud Connector.
- Australian EOY and 2019/20 tax scales: All Australian Attaché Payroll sites should upgrade to Attaché 19.1 prior to the first pay of the 2019/20 financial year. Attaché includes restructured HELP and SFSS tax tables and 2019/20 tax scales (available mid-June) will only be compliant with Attaché 19.1
- Attaché 19.1 has been tested on Windows Server 2019 and found to be compatible.
- Attaché 19.1 requires Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.2. (Previously.NET 4.5.1 was required.) .NET Framework 4.5.2 has been packaged with the InstallShield wizard. When installing Attaché 19.1 you will be prompted to install .NET 4.5.2, if it is not already installed. All currently supported operating systems for Attaché 18.3. are able to upgrade to .NET 4.5.2.
- In order for 19.1 to be installed on Windows Server 2008, 2008R2 or Windows 7, a Microsoft update must be installed prior to installation. See Microsoft Security Advisory. (Note that we do not recommend installing the server components on Windows 7.)
- Three new executables (Attacheupdater.exe, TaskUI.exe and AttService.Processors.Identity.Server.exe) have been added to the Antivirus exceptions list.
- YearOne's PowerLink version 4.45 is compatible with Attaché BI 3.7 or later, including Attaché 19.1
- EmpLive has released an updated Employee Masterfile import that is compatible with Attaché BI version 3.6 or later, including Attaché 19.1
- SalesMatrix version 5.5 and SalesSWOT version 1.5 are compatible versions for Attaché BI version 3.6 or later, including Attaché 19.1
- There are no significant changes to installation and upgrade instructions for this release. See Attaché Installation and Upgrade Guides
- What's new in Attaché 19
- Antivirus exclusions (updated for version 19.1)
Current Attaché releases (compatibility list)
Product Current Version Compatibility Attaché application 184.108.40.206 Attaché Database Server 220.127.116.11 Attaché application 18.104.22.168 attache-database-server-32-bit-installer-22.214.171.124.exe attache-database-server-64-bit-installer-126.96.36.199.exe Attaché Asset Management 20.1.1 Attaché application 20.1.3 Attaché BI ClearView 4.50 TBC Attaché application 188.8.131.52 Attaché BI version Not Compatible Attaché Server ODBC 184.108.40.206 Attaché application 20.1.3 Attaché BI version 3.7.3 Attaché application 20.1.3 Attaché application 19.x Note: Since Attaché 19.2 (November 2019), Attaché Cloud Connector is deployed rather than installed.
Date File Name TBC attache-application-installer-220.127.116.11.exe
(32-bit and 64-bit versions)
TBC Attaché Data Migration Utility 20.1.3 15 September 2020 Attaché application 20.1.3 attache-data-migration-20.1.3.exe 12 August 2020 attache-asset-management-installer-20.1.1.exe SetupClearViewBI4-50.exe 24 February 2017 AttacheServerODBC.exe AlexConnect for Document Management 4.00.142 6 August 2019 AlexConnect.exe.
Attaché Database Server
Attaché application 18.104.22.168
Attaché Asset Management
Attaché application 20.1.3
Attaché BI ClearView
Attaché application 22.214.171.124
Attaché BI version Not Compatible
Attaché Server ODBC
Attaché application 20.1.3
Attaché BI version 3.7.3
Attaché application 20.1.3
Attaché application 19.x
Note: Since Attaché 19.2 (November 2019), Attaché Cloud Connector is deployed rather than installed.
Essential upgrade tasks
Essential tasks for every upgrade
Before you upgrade, please ensure you first:
- Read the release notes and any associated release documentation, including Known Issues, available on the Attaché Members website)
- Read the Attaché Upgrade Instructions
- Post any outstanding transactions to the general ledger
- Take a backup of your Attaché data.
After you upgrade, please ensure you:
- (After you upgrade Attaché Database Server) open the MS Services console and check that all Attaché services are enabled and running
- Update your antivirus exceptions. See the Antivirus exclusions list to see if there are any additional files to include.
Essential tasks for this release
Some releases require you to carry out particular tasks or be aware of particular changes either before or after you upgrade. To check if this is necessary, first identify your current version of Attaché (choose Help | About Attaché) and then find your current version in the list below:
Your current version: Attaché 18 or Attaché 19
- There are no additional essential tasks if you are upgrading from any version of Attaché 18 or Attaché 19.
Your current version: Attaché BI
- If you are upgrading from Attaché BI 3.5 or later, please see page 5 of the Attaché 18.1 - 18.3 Release Notes (PDF) for essential tasks.
What's new in Attaché 19
Attaché Payroll (Australia)
Changes to Tax Impost options for 2019/20 HELP and SFSS tax tables
In Payroll Options, the Tax Impost options used for tax tables for the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) have been updated to allow for additional bands in the upcoming 2019/20 Australian tax tables. Previously, nine bands were available; this has been increased to 30.
Note: Payroll tax scales for 2019/20 (available mid-June) are compatible only with Attaché 19.
Updated Tax File Number Declaration
Attaché 19.1 includes an updated tax file number (TFN) declaration file (version 4.0) and self-printing tax file number (TFN) declaration (version 4.0). The new specification includes an employee email address field, and the previous questions on Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) have now been combined into one question. These new forms come into effect from 1 July 2019.
ETP Payment Date in Termination Pays is now display only
The ETP Payment Date in Termination Pays is now generated automatically and cannot be edited. If a timesheet includes a termination pay then the ETP Payment Date is pre-filled with the details entered in the Date Paid field in Check Pays. This change has been introduced to reduce clerical errors.
Previous BMS ID field in Payroll Options for Single Touch Payroll
A new field called Previous BMS ID has been added to the Tax Details tab in Payroll Options. If you have moved to Attaché mid-year from another software provider and you were previously sending Single Touch Payroll submissions to the ATO under that previous provider, before processing your first pay in Attaché you should enter the BMS ID of your previous provider in this field. This will zero out all year-to-date figures reported under the previous BMS ID, thus avoiding double-reporting of employee year-to-date earnings.
Finalised flag in Employee Maintenance
For Australian payroll, a new flag has been added to the Tax tab in Employee Maintenance. The Employee Finalised flag is applied automatically if an employee has been reported via Single Touch Payroll as tax ready and the batch has been ATO Confirmed. If you're using Single Touch Payroll, you’ll need to finalise your employees as part of your end-of-year processing, when terminating an employee at any time during the year or if a company has been liquidated.
To finalise a terminated employee:
- Process the employee's final pay in Attaché as usual. See Terminating an employee in Australia
- Log in to Attaché Online and select your organisation.
- Choose Single Touch Payroll from the left-hand menu.
- Select the most recent Ready to Submit batch.
- Click the Terminated Employees link.
- In the Finalisation screen, select the terminated employee(s) that you want to finalise and then click the Add (or Add All) button.
- The employees to be finalised are listed at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Finalise button to close the screen.
- The number of employees being finalised is displayed and those employees are highlighted in grey.
- Click the Sign and submit button.
In the Employer screen, select your ABN, type your name in the Declaration field and select the declaration check box.
Click Submit to ATO.
Attaché Payroll (New Zealand)
Use Hours Per Day check box in Employee Maintenance, Standard Pays and Groups
For New Zealand Payroll, a new Use Hours Per Day check box has been added to Employee Maintenance, Employee Standard Pays and Employee Groups for leave liability calculations. When selected, the employee hours per day value will be the divisor used to calculate the Ordinary Weekly Earnings and Average Weekly Pay for that employee. When the check box is cleared (which is the default), the leave calculation will work the same as previously (that is, the employee hours per day value will not be factored in). This option can provide a simpler and more accurate calculation of the value of leave for employees who do not work regular hours.
Single sign on for Payday Filing
In Attaché Payroll for New Zealand, when opening Payday Filing you are now taken directly to the Inland Revenue website without being prompted to first log in to Attaché Online.
Attaché Payroll tax scales
The latest tax scales for Papua New Guinea (released in January 2019) are included in Attaché 19.1.
The latest tax scales for New Zealand (released in March 2019) are included in Attaché 19.1.
Ability to search matched transactions in Bank Reconciliation
In Bank Reconciliation in Attaché General Ledger, you can now search matched transactions. You can search by amount, by the transaction date and transaction details on the bank statement and by the General Ledger transaction date and details. This makes it easier for you to find and undo incorrectly matched transactions. Previously, you could only search unreconciled general ledger transactions and unreconciled statement transactions.
Supplier invoices for Bunnings
Attaché 19.1.4 (August 2019) includes updates to existing view models to provide report-writer access to the data required to create supplier invoices that meet the August 2019 Bunnings specification (Business Implementation Guide for Delivery Docket Standardisation). The updated view models are Customer (ViewModel), CustomerTransactions (ViewModel), CustomerTransactionDetail (ViewModel) and CustomerOrderDetails (ViewModel).
If you supply to Bunnings and need to implement supplier invoices in the required format, talk to your Attaché consultant or contact Attaché support.
Attaché Asset Management
Ability to add attachments to an asset
The new Attachements tab in the Asset Masterfile allows you to attach a document or file related to the asset. You can include a searchable description of the attachment so you can easily identify the attachment to view or delete it. You can access the Attachments tab in both Asset Maintenance and Asset Enquiry.