Attaché Server ODBC 32-bit and 64-bit
The Attaché Server ODBC drivers are available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The version you install will be dependent on the applications from which you wish to run ODBC rather than the operating system installed on your PC. For example, if you are using Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit) you will need to install the 32-bit ODBC driver regardless of your operating system or your processor.
Likewise, if you are running a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office, you will already have a 64-bit operating system and a 64-bit CPU so you will install the 64-bit ODBC driver.
Tip: To check whether you have 32- or 64-bit Microsoft Office, open one of your MS Office applications and go to Help on the File menu. Under About... you will see the version number with either 32-bit or 64-bit in brackets.
Installing Attaché Server ODBC
To install Attaché Server ODBC:
- Right-click and install using Run as administrator.
- The InstallShield Wizard will prepare the setup.
- When the preparation is finished, the Welcome page displays. Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Setup Type screen, select Custom. Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Choose Destination Location screen, accept the default destination folder: C:\Program Files\Attache Software\Attache ODBC.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Select Version screen, pick the version of the Attaché ODBC driver which matches your Microsoft Office or third party reporting tools. If necessary, both 32-bit and 64-bit can be installed.
- Click the Next button to continue
- Click the Install button to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to close the InstallShield Wizard.
REF: A001296.00 271118 ODBC1042 18.1